This Friday is National Employee Appreciation Day. If you are not familiar with the annual worldwide event, it has been going since 1995 and was set up to recognise and honour hard working employees. The event encourages managers of all levels to support and reward their employees, and to show their appreciation.
Appreciation from the boss can be a great morale booster and welcome motivator.
So now we all know what it is, what's the best way to celebrate? We've pulled together ten of the most popular activities used by companies to recognise their employees.
- Hold an awards ceremony
- Free Food - Breakfast, Lunch, Pizza...
- Cakes/Chocolates for all
- Organise a fun group activity
- Happy hour in the local pub
- Time off for all
- Throw an appreciation party
- Give a gift card
- Offer a flexible schedule for the day
- Say "Thanks" personally or with a handwritten note.
Happy National Employee Appreciation Day! Let us know how you celebrate this year...