Did you know today is Flexible Working Awareness Day? It is a day to reward and recognise the companies who showcase how flexible working works’ and its many advantages. Flexible working, or flexi time is an alternative to the traditional 9 to 5 work week. It allows employees to vary their arrival and/or departure times.
Flexible working has grown significantly in recent times, thanks to the development of cloud computing and improved connectivity. Employees are increasingly concerned about work-life balance and organisations which offer flexi time can often find increased levels of satisfaction among employees. Flexible working can allow employees the ability to adapt their ways of working to best suit their needs, while still being fully committed to their careers.
Some of the main advantages of flexible working include:
- Flexibility to meet family needs, personal obligations, and life responsibilities conveniently. If you have a flexible work schedule, you can go to a parent-teacher conference during the day, take a yoga class during your extended lunch break or be home before the rush hour traffic.
- Avoiding traffic and the stress of commuting during rush hours. You would be amazed at how much faster a commute can be if you have to be in the office at 10:00am instead of 8:00am.
- Increased employee morale, engagement, and commitment.
- Reduced absenteeism.
- Improved work-life balance which can lead to improvements in health and wellbeing.
- Reduced stress and fatigue which leads to healthier and happier employees.
- Increased job satisfaction and staff morale.
- Enhanced recruitment and retention.
Flexible working is a very positive choice that needs to be embraced by more organisations. It doesn’t only provide employees with job satisfaction, better health, increased work-life balance, and less stress, it also benefits employers. With higher productivity levels, less turn over, and reduced absenteeism, employers will be able to retain qualified employees and also save money.
Softworks flexible working can assist you to easily manage flexible working hours and family friendly policies, which will in turn assist you to attract, retain and motivate a talented workforce. If you want to find out more, request a free demo today.
Download our free guide – How to Strategically Use Flexible Working Arrangements to Benefit your Business.