Many of you may not know that today is International Day of Yoga. Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that originated in India. This is only the second year and we think it is an excellent way to promote a healthy work-life balance.
Stress in the workplace today is a major concern for employees and employers. Less stressed employees will become more productive and less likely to require time off due to illness. Having programs such as yoga on company grounds can help employees reduce stress and improve their productivity. Professionals have a lot of demands and allocating time for yoga would rarely fit in to the busy schedules. But what if you were able to enjoy and release stress by taking part in yoga, with thanks to flexible working. It will give you the freedom to enjoy a yoga class in the morning before work, during your extended lunch break, or leave work before rush hour and fit a class in.
Offering employees’ yoga at work can be made easy, with flexible working. You could take a long break once a month and schedule a yoga class along with a healthy lunch to follow. This will help promote a healthy work-life balance.
Some benefits of yoga during working are listed below:
- Helps relieve stress management
- Improves the immune system and overall health, resulting in decreased absenteeism and sickness levels
- Increases productivity, motivation, and work performance
- Improves decision making and creativity
- Increases energy, mental alertness, and clarity
- Improves stamina, memory, focus and concentration
- Reduces muscle tension and pain due to sedentary working positions
- Improves flexibility and physical strength
- Improves breathing and confidence
- Decreases headaches
Will you be enjoying the benefits of yoga today?
Why not download our free white paper to find out more about flexible working: How to Strategically Use Flexible Working Arrangements to Benefit your Business.