Who doesn’t dream of leaving the office early, especially with the glorious weather Ireland has been having lately. Observed each year on June 2, National Leave Work Early Day is an unofficial national holiday, which was created in 2004 by Employee Productivity Specialist, Laura Stack, who became concerned that employees in the US worked 49 hours a week on average.
On this day, upon completion of all the necessary days’ work and the approval from your manager, it is suggested that you can leave work early to enjoy the rest of your day and enjoy the sunshine or do some fun activities of your choosing. So, today is your lucky day! But what if you could be this lucky every day and leave work before 5pm? With flexible working, this dream can become a reality.
Having the right work-life balance is increasingly important these days with more and more people finding that their working day is getting longer as businesses struggle to keep up with the demand for 24 hour services. Flexible working can help lead to a healthy work-life balance. The term work-life balance refers to a healthy balance between work and other aspects of our lives. Proactive work-life balance measures benefit not only for employee, but also employees. A poor balance between work commitments and their other responsibilities can lead to stress, high absence and low productivity. Flexible work schedules help spur the productivity of employees.
Flexible working can bring the following benefits to your company and employees:
- Improved job satisfaction, morale, and productivity.
- Increased energy and creativity and reduced levels of stress.
- Better staff morale as they have greater job satisfaction.
- Reduce the level of sickness within the company, and therefore reduce the costs of the associated absence.
- Ability to attract and retain a more diversely skilled workforce and reduce recruitment costs.
- Increased customer loyalty and customer satisfaction due to the lower staff turnover.
- Improved balance of work and family life.
Will you be leaving work early today to mark National Leave Work Early Day?
Download our free guide: How to Strategically Use Flexible Working Arrangements to Benefit your Business.