Some people enjoy working when it’s hot. Some don’t. But with the summer temperatures soaring in Ireland this week, who wouldn’t love to have the option to start and finish work early. In the winter we complain about struggling to get out of bed in the morning and we feel like we do nothing but work and sleep, as it is too dark and cold to do much else. Here at Softworks, we have flexitime so in the winter I arrive to work closer to 10am as the mornings are so dark and cold. However, when it comes to the summer, I love my 8am starts as I can head off early and make the most of the sunny evenings.
Today is set to be the hottest day of the year so far. Seeing as we are not used to this weather in Ireland, everyone wants to embrace the heat and we don’t blame them. What better way to do this then with flexible working?
- Start work early and make the most of being up and about in the heat
- If you are lucky enough to start work between 8am and 10am, park your car further from work or get off the Luas/Dart a stop early and enjoy a morning stroll in the sun
- Enjoy a longer break and work on your tan :)
- Finish before 5pm and take advantage of the sun making an appearance (It might not be around for long)
- Spend extra time with family and friends after work – loads more to do when the sun is out
- Get more vitamin D – One of the easiest, and not to mention free, ways to be on your way to your daily dose is to just get out in the sun!
Benefits of Flexible Working:
- Improved job satisfaction, morale, and productivity
- Increased customer loyalty and customer satisfaction due to lower staff turnover
- Higher productivity
- Happier employees
- Reduced level of absenteeism
- Remove or reduce overtime
- Lower staff turnover
- Automate holiday requests
- Improved balance of work and family life
So, if you are lucky enough to have flexible working in your organisation, make use of it, especially today. Remember, there are a lot of people who would love to make the most of the sunshine and unfortunately, they don’t have the opportunity!